26may09:00- 12:00HEALTHCARE STRATEGY: SMART INVESTMENTS IN INNOVATIONS CONFERENCE 2023Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square, Universiteto str. 14, Vilnius
We are pleased to invite business leaders, government officials, representatives of healthcare organisations, life sciences,
We are pleased to invite business leaders, government officials, representatives of healthcare organisations, life sciences, and other healthcare industry representatives as well as all interested stakeholders to the Healthcare Strategy: Smart Investments in Innovations Conference 2023, which will be held on May 26, 09:00 – 13:00 at Grand Hotel Kempinski, Universiteto str. 14, Vilnius. The event is organized by the American Chamber of Commerce in Lithuania together with its healthcare committee Local American Working Group (LAWG).
The goal of the Conference – to discuss Health Policy approaches that are needed to drive innovation, improve access and to make Healthcare system more resilient to future challenges.
The conference will be organized as an occasion to mark the 10th anniversary of the Local American Working Group (LAWG), as one of the permanent pillars of innovative pharmacy in Lithuania, highlighting its long-term contribution to promoting the availability of innovative treatment for Lithuanian patients and the value of innovation in achieving a sustainable and efficient Lithuanian health system.
PROGRAMME OF THE CONFERENCE
- 09:00-09:15 | Arrival and Registration (tea/coffee served)
- 09:15-09:30 | Welcoming remarks | Tadas Vizgirda, AmCham Lithuania Chairman of the Board of Directors and Rūta Pumputienė, Director of the Local American Working Group (LAWG)
- 09:30-10:00 | Lithuanian Health System and The Future of Health Policy: Current Challenges and Priority Areas | Arūnas Dulkys, Minister of Health of the Republic of Lithuania
- 10:00-10:30 | Health at a Glance: State of Health of EU Countries – Are We on the Right Track? | Marius Vaščega, European Commission Representative in Lithuania
- 10:30-11:00 | Medicines Policy of Lithuania in the Context of International Tendencies | Sarah Garner, Senior Policy Adviser, World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office for Europe
- 11:00-11:20 | Tea/coffee Break
- 11:20-11:50 | Efficiency and Sustainability in Healthcare: is this the Main Factors Influencing the Attraction of Foreign Direct Investment in Lithuania? | Elijus Čivilis, General Manager at Invest Lithuania
- 11:50-12:20 The Future of Healthcare Innovation | Liudvika Starkienė, Senior Manager Value, Access, and Policy Baltics at Amgen
- 12:20-13:00 | Panel Discussion by:
- ▪️ Paulius Gradeckas, Advisor to the President on Personal and Public Health Issues
- ▪️ Jurgita Sejonienė, Member of the Health Committee in the Seimas of Lithuania
- ▪️ Aurimas Pečkauskas, Deputy Minister at Ministry of Health of Republic of Lithuania
- ▪️ Neringa Norkūnaitė-Sasnauskienė, Deputy Director of the National Health Insurance Fund under the Ministry of Health
Conference Moderator: Aurimas Perednis, journalist
Please register by email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 24, 17:00.
The number of seats is limited. Participation is free of charge.
Please note that the working language of this event is Lithuanian with the possibility to have a synchronous translation to English.
Local American Working Group (LAWG) is a standing committee established under the American Chamber of Commerce in Lithuania, which represents the innovative pharmaceutical, biotechnological, and life sciences industry based in Lithuania. The committee aims to promote, develop and contribute to improving awareness about the importance of scientific research and innovation in healthcare sector, to encourage and support the highest professional and business ethical standards, based on fair and transparent activity, strictly adhering to ethics code of conduct.
(Friday) 09:00 - 12:00
Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square, Universiteto str. 14, Vilnius